Helsinki City Marathon Relay – new event May 19th 2018
Helsinki City Marathon Relay will take place for the first time on May 19th 2018!
Everyone will be able to find the best fitting challenge during the Helsinki City Running Day. The Marathon Relay is a great way to share the atmosphere of a marathon among a team.
REGISTER FROM THIS LINK (Change language from the flag on the right side)
The prices for the year 2018
Helsinki City Marathon Relay:
- The route is the same as the Helsinki City Marathon route. Due to change of the date of the HCM route is decided in close co-operation with the city officials and their requirements. We are aiming to keep the same route than year 2017. The finish line is located at Telia 5 G Areena, just like in other events the same day.
- Schedule: The starting time of the race and other timetables are confirmed as soon as possible. The schedule of the day depends on the decisions made with the route. Competition and the Running Expo are open on Friday May 18th and Saturday May 19th for the bib and race package pick up.
- The team consist of 4 people. Two legs will be shorter 7,5 and 8 km and the other two longer ones 15 and 12 km. The exact distances will be confirmed after the route confirmation.
- The relay changing areas are planned in a way that they are easily reached with public transportation. The daily ticket of the Helsinki public transportation is included in the entry fee. There is no transportation organized to transition areas.
- The transition areas will be located alongside of the route. Therefore, the route will not get longer than the full marathon. The change from one runner to next one is done when the first runner touches the second one.
- The team runs joint time. The Marathon Relay will have the split times each 10 kilometers, just like the marathon event. The timing system works with a bib tag attached to the bib number. Runners may use a baton, but it is not necessary.
- The gear check is located at Finish area. There will not be separate equipment storage at the transition areas. Each team will take care of their teammates’ equipment during the race.
- There are 14-15 refreshment stations along the route at use. There is also greater variety of services and food available at the finish area. All team members can enter the finish area.
- One team leader may enter a team and add the other runners to the registration later. Team leader is responsible for updating the details of the runners. The team should be final April 30th 2018.
The registration for the Marathon Relay will open on the 11th of August 2017. The registration fee will start from 120 euros/team and will increase in price steps. The aim is to keep the price level fairly low. The organizer hopes that this encourages different kinds of teams to join the marathon relay, including groups of friends, coworkers or sport club teams.
Included in the entry fee:
- Participation to the event for four persons.
- Refreshment points along the route according to each leg and at finish line for the whole team
- Finisher medal
- Printable diploma via result system
- Equipment service at finish area
- International result service UltimateLIVE
- 1 day ticket for the Helsinki City Transportation for four persons
- First aid on the route and at the finish
- Showering possibility after the race
- Free training runs once per month (in Helsinki region)
Cancelling the participation, cancelling insurance and transferring the participation to a new runner:
- Team bib number is personal and should not be given to another person without re-registering. Team leader can re-register runner with out payment by April 30th 2018.
- Participation fee will not be refunded in any case. You do not need to inform the organization if your team can’t participate the race.
- Cancellation insurance is not available for the Marathon Relay.
All rights to changes reserved.